v1.1.041 (November 29, 2012)
- Provides an option under the "Auto Zip" tab to make the output zip file url-friendly (useful for sharing on the web).
- Bug Fixes
- When auto-zip and split into parts of x MB, the file extension is .001 instead of .zip for files smaller than x MB. Extension should be changed from .zip to .001 only if that file was splitted into multiple parts (i.e. have .002, 003, etc.).
v1.1.040 (November 16, 2012)
- Support ripping audio from MKV and AVI files (in addition to VOB files).
v1.1.039 (October 26, 2012)
- Support Windows 8
- Support Auto-Zipping a single file
- Support Auto-Unzipping split files (created by HJSplit, FFSJ, etc.).
- Note that when auto-unzipping split files, the files will be exacted next to the input files (the output folder info is ignored). You can sort by "modified date" to quickly distinguish the exacted files from the input files.
- Bug Fixes
- Changed default split size from 99MB to 195MB since MediaFire now allows 200MB limit for free accounts.
v1.0.038 (April 29, 2012)
- Support splitting file to smaller parts when performing "Auto Zip"
- Note that when selected to split files into smaller parts, it's important to not use the processed files (part 001, 002, etc.) while TKT is still "auto zipping". This is because while processing part 00x, TKT might change earlier parts (001, 002, etc.). Hence, to be safe, one should not upload any file until TKT finished zipping the whole folder.
- Support "Auto Unzip" multiple parts files
v1.0.037 (August 17, 2011)
- Allow the song list text box in the "Rename Songs" tab to have virtually unlimited text
v1.0.036 (December 11, 2010)
- Fixed a bug when ripping audio track from VOB file to ac3/mp3. The ripped mp3/ac3 plays fine with most audio players but can't be opened using Adobe Audition.
v1.0.035 (October 30, 2010)
- Support renaming from jpg/xml files downloaded from ZKOP.
- After renaming, can use the "Mp3/Xml to Kmp3" tab to create kmp3 files that are named correctly for TKaraoke.
v1.0.034 (October 17, 2010)
- Give warning at the end of auto-unzipping if one or more files have incorrect password.
- Support ripping audio from VOB file.
- Select "44.1KHz" to make sure all flash players will play the mp3 file properly on any browser. "48KHz" might have problems when playing on certain browser having certain version of Flash.
v1.0.033 (August 12, 2010)
- Fixed the error "The application has encountered an error: (0xD0000002)." introduced in builds 030, 031, and 032 when converting from Vob to Mkv (non-lossless mode only).
v1.0.032 (August 10, 2010)
- Fixed the error "The Application was unable to load a required component" introduced in build 031.
v1.0.031 (August 8, 2010)
- Removed 2 unused features: VOB Grouper and MU Mgr
- Added password presets for Auto-Zip
- Fixed a bug in Lossess VOB to MKV Conversion
- Added sub-folder processing option in VOB to MKV
- Added "auto shutdown when finished" option in VOB to MKV
v1.0.030 (August 4, 2010)
- Added an option to convert Vob to Mkv without losing any video or audio quality. You can now swap your Vob audio tracks without losing any quality. This lossless converting is very fast (about 3 minutes for a 20 songs DVD). There is no encoding - just simply wrap the MKV container around your VOB file.
v1.0.029 (July 7, 2010)
- Added the Mp3+Xml to Kmp3 feature.
- Check "Encrypt Kmp3 files" to prevent others from modifying your kmp3 files. For example, if you insert the intro text "This song is dedicated to my buddy, T_P" and you don't encrypt your kmp3 files, someone can download your kmp3 and change the intro text to anything he/she want. Encryption made it a lot more difficult to modify your kmp3 files.
- The "intro text" feature is not supported in this release. Check future versions.
v1.0.028 (June 14, 2010)
- Added the auto-unzip feature.
v1.0.027 (June 7, 2010)
- Fixed the bug where the converted MKV file has 2 identical audio tracks (Nhạc and Nhạc or Karaoke and Karaoke).
- On some rare karaoke DVDs (i.e. Youth Entertainment DVDs), TKT will have bug #1 above. When this happen, run TKT again and check "TKT lost my audio track". This will change TKT internal logic to avoid having identical audio tracks at the output MKV file. You don't have to wait for the entire DVD to get converted before knowing if bug #1 exist or not. As soon as 1 MKV file is done, open it to test. If the bug does exist, you can cancel TKT conversion and retry with the "TKT lost my audio track" checked.
- Fixed a bug where TKT didn't "prepare forum post" text correctly after normalization.
v1.0.026 (May 5, 2010)
- Added a feature to automatically zip your to-be-uploaded files. Each input file will be zipped individually.
- Can optionally set a password to protect your files.
- The "split into smaller files" function is not working in this release. Check later releases for this feature.
- Check "Remove Vietnamese accent mark..." to create non-Unicode zip files. This is useful for uploading to RapidShare or Newsgroup where the hosting server doesn't support Unicode file names. MegaUpload already support Unicode file names. Newsgroup uploaders should use this "auto zip" feature to zip your files. This way, downloaders can pick a particular song to download instead of having to download all parts and unzip.
- The Compression Level should be set to Store for files that are already compressed (vob, mkv, mp3, etc.). Using Store level speed up zipping and unzipping significantly but doesn't gain any space.
- Select "Maintain folder structure of Input files" to keep the folder structure of the input files at the Output directory. When this is not selected, all zip files will be created at the root level of the Output folder (no sub-folders).
v1.0.025 (March 13, 2010)
- Updated to use the latest MEncoder (March 13 release).
- Minimum auto-detect output MKV video bitrate changed from 1000Kbps to 1800Kbps.
- Can rename songs even with invalid characters in the Song Listing (i.e song name containing \, /, ?, :, *, ?, ", <, >, and |).
- Separate TKT version for Intel and AMD processors. This improves MKV-->VOB encoding performance.
v1.0.024 (March 6, 2010)
- Updated the "Prepare Forum Post" text to use the new forum address.
- Updated the Normalize function (in the "DVD Rip Rename" tab) to also turn "all-caps" text into cap-only-on-first-level-of-each-word. For example an all-cap listing like "1. HOA XUÂN BÊN THỀM CŨ - TUẤN KHANH" will get normalized into "1. Hoa Xuân Bên Thềm Cũ - Tuấn Khanh".
- Support drag-n-drop on the "Rename Songs" tab.
- Support renaming other file types in addition to Vob and Mkv.
- Support zipping mp3 and cdg files into zip files.
- Support lossless audio conversion when converting from Vob to Mkv.
- The default "auto detect" output video bitrate went from from 20% to 30%.
- Support drag-n-drop. Can drag-n-drop a folder into the text box instead of click on Browse.
- Give the user an option to specify the audio bitrate when converting from VOB to MKV.
- This version updated TKT to use the latest ffmpeg.exe. It will be able to convert rare tracks that the older ffmpeg failed on (i.e. USA 30_05, Tình 07 TCGKCT_08, etc.). TKT uses ffmpeg.exe to exact audio tracks from VOB files.
- Fixed a bug with not able to convert Vob to Mkv on songs with 5.1 audio tracks (i.e PBNK 20 track 6 and 14). 99.9% of Karaoke songs will have 2-channel audio tracks but some has 6 channels (probably due to an error made by the creator of the Karaoke DVD).
- When converting from Vob to Mkv, TKT will report the Estimated Time Left (ETA) and Estimated Total Time (ETT) in additional to the percent complete.
- After finishing converting Vob to Mkv, TKT will report the number of files actually get converted and the actual total time it took (not estimate) to convert. This is useful for knowing if there is any files failed to convert.
In the screenshot below, TKT is converting 20 Vob files to Mkv. It has completed 25% and the ETA is 1 hour, 19 minutes, and 14 seconds. The ETT is 1 hour, 45 minutes, and 39 seconds.
- TKT v1.0.0.017 has been released. Some quick notes about this release:
- Able to convert Vob to Mkv for non-standard DVD (audio tracks not on ID 0x80 and 0x81, audio tracks came before video track, etc.).
- Audio tracks are now compressed to MP3 with bitrate 256kbps. Earlier versions of TKT just copy the audio tracks over (uncompressed PCM). 256kbps MP3 compression using LAME is pretty much lossless. As a result, MKVs produced by this version of TKT will be about 38MB smaller in size than previous versions.
- The auto-detect Video Bitrate (on VOB to MKV tab) will be minimum 1000Kbps. If the input Vob files are already low bitrate (for example, 3000Kbps), the auto-detect value will be 20% of 3000 = 600Kbps. However, since 1000Kbps is the minimum, 1000Kbps will be used instead of 600. You can always override the auto-detect values.